Recently I’ve been playing around with different Android launchers on my phone. I really like the Google Now launcher and I had been using it for a little over a year, but until I tried using apps like Nova Launcher I didn’t realise on all the amazing customisation I was missing out on.
- Colour Themes – You can change the colour of just about anything in Nova Launcher to be exactly what you want.
- Icon Themes – There is literally hundreds of different icons packs on the Play store right now.
- Customisable App Drawer – Add tabs into your drawer to help make navigation easier. I for used a tab just for all my games, another one for all my social media apps.
- Infinite Homepage Scrolling – Scroll until your heart is content.
- Scrollable Dock – Have more than four apps you want in your dock? Not a problem! You can also choose the number of apps to appear in the dock.
- Optimised Code – Animations and general usage code is often improved from the default launcher on your phone.
- Gestures – Double tab, pinch zoom, swipe etc.
- Unread Counts – As it says on the tin really!
- And many more!
Now before you start to think this is a sales pitch for Nova Launcher, let me advise you on one thing. There are multiple different options to choose from when it comes to launchers and they all do things in their own way. Some launchers have features only available in their premium version while others have them in their free versions. It’s all about playing around with a few and seeing which one you like the most. Below are some examples I’ve stolen from the weekly theming thread over on the Android subreddit. Just a taste of what you can achieve!